Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Birthday, Vicky

I still can't think of anything clever to say for your birthday, but I enjoyed our conversation today.
Vicky was telling me about her garden--most things are an inch high but the potatoes that we planted because they were too shriveled and sprouty to use for food any more are doing amazingly well. We just dug ditches and laid the potatoes, sprouts and all in the ditches. They came up rapidly, 2 or 3 days, and have grown past Vicky's knees. She noticed yesterday that a bean seed finally came up and said, "there it sat with it's two leaves looking at the potatoes and thinking, 'I'm 2 or 3 months too late and I'm not sure it's even worth continuing to try.'" Ah Vicky, you think just like I do but if you wrote a blog it would be much more entertaining than mine. And you can post pictures.
Here's wishing the best to your little bean plant--I hope he makes it and that you have a happy birthday. Love ya' Techno Grandma

No comments: