Monday, July 16, 2012

Tutoring

As some of you know, Laura has been staying with me since the 3rd of July when they came down to put Trevor in the MTC.  We had the pool party, a shower for Amber, made a couple of quilts and worked seriously on Laura's reading.  She is making great progress and can now really read "Hop on Pop."

Sunday morning she returned home.  Amy took her kids up to Laura's house where a Dermatologist that Tony works with is trying to help Tanner.  See Amy's Facebook for their progress.  Anyway, Laura took all the papers we had been working on for her reading and Kaitlyn is continuing the tutoring.

Today I got a call from Laura and Kaitlyn had a couple questions.  "Grandma, what does the 3 by the ch mean?"  
"There are 3 sounds for ch--chin, school, and chef.  ch, k, and sh" I said.
"Oh, I get it.  and what is the other sound for wh? If I thought about it I could probably figure it out."

"That's "wh" as in whistle and when and "h" as in who and whole."
" And there are the 2 sounds for th--That and thin.  Do we put a 2 in front of it?"
"Yes. I forgot that one didn't I?"
"OK" she says.  "I've got to go now, I'm right in the middle of helping Aunt Laura with her reading."

I say"goodbye, dear," as I hear Laura giggling in the background.
Kaitlyn really is helping Laura do her reading.

2 comments:

smadamom said...

My kids are so awesome. :) We weren't even home so I didn't even know about this.

Jenny said...

Well someone needs to keep helping her. Thank goodness for Kaitlin. ;)